In an effort to provide a safe environment for all children and yet one that is still inviting and full of challenges, we have developed these playground rules. Your children know these rules, now you can reinforce them too! We are happy that so many of you are enjoying our playground before and after school. For a printable list of Playground Rules, click here.
1. TIRE USE
- Six children may bounce on the tire at one time.
- Children are not to climb to the top of the jumper. It is not anchored down and it could tip over.
- It also is not designed for adults as it creates the danger of imbalance.
- One person per swing. That means no “spider” rides with a friend or riding on an adult’s lap.
- Do not jump off the swing or swing high enough to touch the overhead beams.
- Swings are not to be stood up on or twisted around.
- Wait outside the yellow line for a turn and walk with caution to the swings.
- Keep it close to the ground and move it carefully.
- Dig in, build with, or make a sculpture – do not throw it!
- Keep the sidewalks as free of sand as possible – keep the sand in the sand areas.
4. BROOMS & SHOVELS
- Please use these only for sweeping and digging – not for pretend guns, lasers, swords or hammers, as REAL children can be hurt.
5. DRINKING FOUNTAIN
- Drink all the cold water you like! Please do not wash sand off of your hands or toys.
- Do not dump sand in the fountain as it corrodes and clogs the pipes and it is very costly to repair.
6. TEETER-TOTTER RIDE
- Two friends can safely ride this together.
- Listen for one rider to ask to get off – this will help to provide for a safe exit.
- Wait to exit the ride until the other rider knows you are ready to stop.
- Only go up the steps and down the slide – unless you are instructed to do otherwise for a specific activity or teacher sponsored event.
- Keep all sand off the slide. To make it “go faster” we will polish it with wax paper.
8. BIKES AND RIDING TOYS
- Keep to the path, staying away from classrooms, the ramp, down hills, or on the tot turf.
- Follow the direction of the footprints for safety.
- ALL RIDING TOYS MUST REST BETWEEN SESSIONS. PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM.
9. HOUSES, LOG CABINS, PLANTERS, AND WALLS
- Do not climb up on top of them. Jumping or falling off can injure yourself or someone else.